I have been contemplating doing an article on this for a couple of weeks now. I heard of this product from Drs. Terri and Mark Stupka, two naturopathic doctors who helped me about thirty years ago. I used MMS then, but the protocols have been fine-tuned since then, with about 10 million people globally using MMS to detoxify their bodies, enabling them to heal cancer, hiv, herpes, malaria—all diseases caused by toxins, heavy metals, parasites, fungi, yeasts, bacteria, and viruses—even lyme disease. Sounds too good to be true, I know.
MMS, sodium chlorite, is activated by a weak acid, 4% HCL (the type of acid produced by the stomach), and may be driven even deeper into the tissues by addition of DMSO—this activated solution is further diluted with water and may be applied topically, but is usually drunk.
Because MMS is so inexpensive, big pharma and the FDA have been trying to villainize it and suppress it for years. So pervasive has this oppression been, that Jim Humble and those working with him have been forced to establish the Genesis 2 Church of Healing and Health with their “sacraments”—MMS, HCL, DMSO, in order to make MMS available world-wide. They do not purport to be a spiritual or religious church, but have had to resort to this measure in order to survive as a health group. The church is their health ministry.
The testimonials are powerful.
If you go to youtube, search MMS + protocols: look especially for protocol 1000, protocol 1000+, protocol 2000 (for life-threatening diseases), protocol 3000. A book is available on Amazon; (be sure to get this book, rather than the older version in order to get the current protocols). The products are also available through Amazon but you can purchase them and the book more cheaply through Genesis2, the church: https://genesis2church.is/mms/providers
EATING WHILE ON MMS: Because MMS works through oxidation, you need to avoid eating or taking any high level anti-oxidants too near your MMS doses, and some foods.
I became quite interested again in MMS because I recently realized that it detoxifies the body of heavy metals and pesticides. It actually destroys glyphosate molecules—glyphosate and other toxins create leaky gut, leaky brain, and eventually cause the auto-immune diseases.
I have been detoxing heavy metals recently, and am taking RESTORE to block glyphosate, but MMS promises to be more effective, and cheaper. You owe it to yourself to look into this, especially if you have any of the deadly diseases caused by parasites,viruses, bacteria, etc. Keep in mind that the longer you have had the disease, the longer the treatment may have to be, but some see results in HOURS!
On this health journey, I have discovered or started additional health practices. First of all, I began drinking about a quart of lemon water first thing in the morning. I take it outside and sip it in the sunshine, for 10-20 minutes a day, getting my vitamin D. Only then do I eat. In addition to the benefits of these two practices, I am also inhaling microbes in my garden. While gardening, I also ingest microbes, thus improving the variety of good bacteria in my gut. This week, I added one additional practice: I take off my shoes and place my bare feet on the aggregate of my patio—an unsealed aggregation of small stones and minerals, cement, etc. The purpose: EARTHING or GROUNDING.
Perhaps you are not familiar with this. As you know, for thousands of years, man lived close to the earth, walking in leather shoes or moccasins, sleeping in furs and other natural substances. Floors were packed earth or wood [although wood is not conductive]. In all cases the natural electrical atmosphere of the earth harmonized with the human electrical system. Mankind was grounded. [Research: “Through direct contact or through perspiration-moistened animal skins used as footwear or sleeping mats, the ground's abundant free electrons were able to enter the body, which is electrically conductive. Through this mechanism, every part of the body could equilibrate with the electrical potential of the Earth, thereby stabilizing the electrical environment of all organs, tissues, and cells.”]
In recent decades, however, man has become increasingly cut off from the elemental electrical pulse of the earth, prohibiting the natural flow of electrons which for so many years entered his body, kept it in equilibrium, and checked the free radicals by donating freely the needed electrons to keep him healthy. We wear rubber or synthetic soled shoes, walking and riding on asphalt, living in closed structures cut off and sanitized from healthful microbes, sunlight, and electrons which formerly helped us to maintain our health.
You may think this EARTHING or GROUNDING idea is all hype. I assure you, it is not. I found several articles giving the scientific research. Earthing, either walking barefoot on the beach or on grass, etc., or using grounded pads, sheets, or other items to provide grounding even to those forced to remain indoors, demonstrates clear health benefits. To summarize a few:
“Mounting evidence suggests that the Earth's negative potential can create a stable internal bioelectrical environment for the normal functioning of all body systems.”
“It is also well established that electrons from antioxidant molecules neutralize reactive oxygen species (ROS, or in popular terms, free radicals) involved in the body's immune and inflammatory responses.”
“Emerging scientific research supports the concept that the Earth's electrons induce multiple physiological changes of clinical significance, including reduced pain, better sleep, a shift from sympathetic to parasympathetic tone in the autonomic nervous system (ANS), and a blood-thinning effect.”
Test subjects have reported varied levels of relief in the following areas of health: sleep disturbances, chronic muscle and joint pain, stress, anxiety, depression, irritability, asthmatic and respiratory conditions, rheumatoid arthritis, PMS, sleep apnea, hypertension, morning fatigue levels, daytime energy, nighttime pain levels, blood oxygenation, and thyroid function.
The article further indicates: “a rapid activation of the parasympathetic nervous system and corresponding deactivation of the sympathetic nervous system…reduction of primary indicators of osteoporosis, improvement of glucose regulation, and immune response…,” and “earthing the human body influences human physiological processes, including increasing the activity of catabolic processes and may be ‘the primary factor regulating endocrine and nervous systems.’” “A pilot study on the electrodynamics of red blood cells (zeta potential) has revealed that earthing significantly reduces blood viscosity, an important but neglected parameter in cardiovascular diseases and diabetes , and circulation in general. Thus, thinning the blood may allow for more oxygen delivery to tissues and further support the reduction of inflammation.” Ober et al. and K. Sokal and P. Sokal … [indicate] that regular earthing may improve blood pressure, cardiovascular arrhythmias, and autoimmune conditions such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.”
I ordered two earthing pads and have placed one at the foot of my bed and the other on my recliner. [https://www.amazon.com/LandKissing-KT8423-Grounding-Mats-2sets/dp/B06ZYY9319/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1533003246&sr=8-3&keywords=earthing+pads+for+feet ]
Since I just started doing this, I really don’t have any major effects to report yet—but I will! With double blind studies and research that actually goes back decades now showing such positive results in so many areas, I feel that earthing is well worth the effort. Why not? What do we have to lose? Use common sense about this. If you live in a large apartment complex, near high power lines or near an electrical substation, an extraordinary situation may apply and pose danger if you ground yourself. See reference 1 at the bottom of this article.
The article concludes: “Emerging evidence shows that contact with the Earth—whether being outside barefoot or indoors connected to grounded conductive systems—may be a simple, natural, and yet profoundly effective environmental strategy against chronic stress, ANS dysfunction, inflammation, pain, poor sleep, disturbed HRV, hypercoagulable blood, and many common health disorders, including cardiovascular disease. The research done to date supports the concept that grounding or earthing the human body may be an essential element in the health equation along with sunshine, clean air and water, nutritious food, and physical activity.”
[Information in this article came primarily from reference 2.]
1. CAUTIONARY WEBSITE WRITTEN BY A SCIENTIST:
[ Be sure to read the comments!] https://www.electricsense.com/10398/earthing-emf-protection/#comment-135296
2. JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND PUBLIC HEALTH: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/
3. JOURNAL OF INFLAMMATION RESEARCH: “The effects of grounding (earthing) on inflammation, the immune response, wound healing, and prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases”: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/
4. Link to numerous scientific research articles on Earthing: http://www.earthinginstitute.net/research/
5. HUFFINGTON POST: “The healing benefits of grounding the human body,” https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-healing-benefits-of-grounding-the-human-body_us_592c585be4b07d848fdc058a
6. PUBLISHED PAPERS AND STUDIES: https://www.groundology.co.uk/scientific-research
7. EARTHING REDUCES EMF'S / "DIRTY ELECTRICITY" IN THE HOME:
8. DR. MERCOLA EXPLAINS THE DANGERS OF EMF'S: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/09/03/electromagnetic-fields-harmful-effects.aspx
Just opened my first shipment of RESTORE! Developed by Dr.Zach Bush, this "mineral supplement" has amazing properties. It has been in the international market for several years and been used successfully in Dr. Bush's clinic to address scores of health problems related to pesticide toxicity and leaky gut.
According to the info I received, RESTORE will "balance gut health, combat environmental exposures, promote immune function, and enhance mental clarity."
"... it promotes strong membrane integrity through its direct and indirect effects on the tight junctions of the bowel wall and vascular systems of the body, and restoration of the bowel ecology with the unique bacterial communication attribute of the supplement. "
"RESTORE functions as an answer to glyphosate and gluten impact at the tight junction, by promoting increases in production of the enzymes that break down zonulin and thereby strengthen tight junctions. RESTORE strengthens tight junctions fast (18 hours), even in the face of 20,000 times the EPA-allowed levels of glyphosate."
"RESTORE has numerous naturally occurring trace minerals and amino acids in it."
"RESTORE is a very effective supplement to improve hydration" INSIDE THE CELLS!
We need a much more diverse microbiome than one can achieve by replicating the same strands of bacteria over and over (this monoculture can happen when we take probiotics). Therefore, RESTORE works as a communication network that gives our bodies the tools to create their OWN bacterial ecosystem again - that ecosystem that has been wiped out by environmental toxins such as antibiotics and pesticides.
Bacteria talk! Think of RESTORE as a “liquid circuit board,” boosting gut biome and therefore immunity. Fermented foods are fine to consume when using RESTORE. Variety is important. Coconut milk or other non-dairy yogurts are good choices.
To purchase RESTORE: https://shop.restore4life.com/
Listen and watch Dr. Zach Bush on these videos:
DETOXING GLYPHOSATE FROM THE BODY - Dr. Stephanie Seneff: https://biofoundations.org/how-to-detoxify-your-body-from-glyphosate-exposure/
I’ve discovered a remarkable German doctor who is so knowledgeable in heavy metal toxicity. What he reveals is shocking and disturbing. This man is a world-renowned integrative physician with a practice (Sophia Institute) in Washington state. I highly recommend that you hear what he has to say. This podcast was posted in January 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYSGUIwAOus
Products that will help you detox heavy metals, parabens, and other toxins in the body. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m9-ZShzPQI&t=26s
Another good site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hojEJBJMtg
GLYPHOSATES – PESTICIDE TOXICITY
I have been rigorously adhering to organic foods since I discovered glyphosate--the active ingredient in Roundup, as well as the hundreds of other toxic chemicals used to treat plants, pests, and soils. The damaging effects to our health is truly monumental. Please educate yourself about this topic!
POISONED FIELDS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDyI10Z8aH0
GMO'S & GLYPHOSATE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYC6oyBglZI
EWG GUIDE TO HEALTHY PRODUCTS
From the cleanest produce to the most toxic, from safe water to household cleaning products, from make-up and personal care products to global warming and other health issues, this is your master consumer guide: https://www.ewg.org/
WATER - CLEANSING - PERSONAL CARE
BATON ROUGE WATER: Probably one of the healthiest and safest in the nation, but Baton Rouge water does contain toxic contaminants. I would recommend a filter to remove the chlorine. Don't forget your kitchen faucet, shower, bathtub. https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/#.W1OTdMJrxLM
FLORIDE IN WATER - If you live outside of Baton Rouge, beware the horrendous toxic effects of floride in your water and toothpaste. Educate yourself: FLUORIDE
LAUNDRY DETERGENTS Each one is different, but they all contain toxins. I make my own laundry detergent. It's so easy, inexpensive, and safe! Recipes:
HOMEMADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT
3 Tablespoons Borax [Walmart]
3 Tablespoons Washing Soda [Walmart]
2 Tablespoons liquid soap [safest: Castile, available online]
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the ingredients, stir well to dissolve, and let cool. Then pour into a one gallon jug. Fill almost to the top with cold water. The bubbles will overflow out of the bottle.
DRYER BALLS - Dryer sheets are full of toxins. Use these wool dryer balls to soften your wash and reduce static cling!
MINERAL FUSION MAKEUP - If you prefer to wear makeup, try this EWG highly rated product: MINERAL FUSION
CASTILE SOAP --Safe, gentle, I use this soap as a shampoo [followed by a vinegar rinse] personal cleanser, and in my laundry detergent. Safe and gentle products for children! Dr. Bronner has produced Castile soap for years, but Amazon sells Dr. Woods Castile soap, equal in quality, for much less! DR. WOODS CASTILE SOAP
A Whole Food Diet based on Plants Helps with Stress And Makes You A Calmer Person
The same diet lifestyle that can help you lose weight, reverse heart disease, diabetes and cancer can also keep you calmer and stress-free—or nearly stress-free!
When the body is under stress too frequently, it can lead to a disrupted balance of different hormones and inflammatory molecules that may contribute to the formation of free radicals. Free radicals are waste products that can be produced due to chronic stress, exposure to toxins, and normal metabolic processes. They are highly reactive and can therefore bind to and damage cells if they become too numerous, contributing to a process known as oxidative stress. Out-of-control oxidative stress can damage proteins, DNA, and other parts of cells, and therefore may contribute to many diseases, including cancer, neurological disorders, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and asthma.
Following an anti-inflammatory diet high in antioxidants, fiber, and essential phytonutrients, and low in processed foods, trans fats, and refined sugars, helps your body to maintain stress hormones like cortisol within a healthy range, reduce cravings, and stay balanced. This way of eating also helps stabilize blood sugar levels and squelch inflammation.
In particular, certain vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients can help your body cope with and recover from stress. Incorporating whole, fresh foods that provide these nutrients in your diet can help you cope with stress and remain calm, focused, and balanced throughout your day.
Some of the top stress-fighting nutrients include:
Omega-3 fatty acids
Top Stress-Relieving Real Foods
1. Berries-- Antioxidants are compounds found in foods like fruits and vegetables that help to remove or neutralize these free radicals before they initiate oxidative stress and harm our cells. For example, berries, such as blueberries, cranberries, and blackberries, as well as other fruits and vegetables with a blue/red hue, are rich in antioxidants in the flavonoid family called anthocyanins. These naturally occurring plant pigments are responsible for the vivid red-orange and blue-violet colors of fruits and vegetables and are powerful antioxidants within the body. Consequently, consumption of natural antioxidants like anthocyanins is associated with reduced oxidative stress, inflammation, and risk of degenerative diseases.
Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries are also rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that supports the adrenal glands to help you maintain optimal hormone levels. Vitamin C-rich foods like berries, citrus fruits, bell peppers, and kiwi also help protect your cells from free-radical damage that may be increased with chronic stress. Research suggests that vitamin C can help prevent stress-induced oxidative damage to the body, reduce overall inflammation, and reduce the risk of chronic illnesses such as obesity and cardiovascular disease.
2. Walnuts-- Walnuts are rich in healthy fats, including omega-3 fatty acids, that help nourish your nervous system and calm your mind. When you’re stressed, stress hormones like cortisol and epinephrine increase in your body. Healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties that can help counteract the negative effects of these hormones. Studies suggest that those who consume adequate omega-3 fatty acids have reduced anxiety and can better cope with stress.
3. Avocados-- Avocados are also high in healthy fats, and they offer many of the same health benefits as walnuts.
Avocados also contain glutathione, one of the master antioxidants and detoxification enzymes in the liver and other tissues that help protect your body from oxidative stress. Chronic stress depletes your body of this important molecule, which is crucial for maintaining healthy immune function, protecting cells from environmental toxins, and preventing cancer.
Consuming avocados and sulfur-rich foods like the cruciferous vegetables broccoli, kale, and cauliflower can help you maintain adequate glutathione levels. You will absorb the most glutathione from avocados if you eat them raw and combine them with foods that contains vitamin C. Try tossing fresh avocado cubes with grapefruit segments in your salad for a stress-busting meal.
4. Leafy Greens-- Leafy greens like spinach, chard, kale, and arugula are rich in many phytonutrients and antioxidants, including B vitamins and magnesium. Magnesium is a crucial mineral for maintaining calm and relaxation. Other great sources of magnesium include pumpkin seeds, beet greens, quinoa, and sesame seeds.
Magnesium also improves your body’s overall response to stress and helps maintain healthy blood pressure. Many people are deficient in this important mineral, which may contribute to the risk of insomnia, anxiety, and heart disease.A magnesium deficiency can disrupt the hypothalamic-pituitary adrenocortical (HPA) axis and central nervous system, which coordinate many aspects of the stress response. These systems are crucial for allowing your body to regulate its stress response by releasing the proper amounts of hormones and neurotransmitters. Disruption in their normal function may often lead to irritability and nervousness.
In addition to magnesium, leafy greens provide your body with B vitamins, which are essential for healthy nerve and brain function. For example, folate contributes to the production of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is involved in your experience of pleasure and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
5. Cashews-- In addition to providing stress-reducing healthy fats and satiating protein, cashews are rich in zinc, which is an essential mineral for neuropsychological performance and modulating your body’s response to stress. Many enzymes in the body require zinc to function properly, including those that help protect your body from oxidative stress.
Emotional and physical stress can deplete zinc and lead to deficiencies in this important mineral. Your brain is especially rich in zinc, so it’s not surprising that zinc deficiency can lead to symptoms of depression, irritability, and food cravings. Other plant-based sources of zinc include garbanzo beans, pumpkin seeds, and mushrooms.
6. Bananas good for mood: Cortisol, the stress hormone, is at its highest at the start of the day for most people, so this is when you need something to keep your stress levels to a minimum.
Bananas are the perfect solution, as they contain fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and natural sugars. They also contain an amino acid called tryptophan that is known to reduce levels of stress and anxiety.
7. Pistachios: Yep, those tasty green nuts can actually help you lower your stress levels, people! Pistachios contain vital phytonutrients and antioxidants that are thought to help with heart health and lower blood pressure. In turn, the lower heart rate will help your body cope with stress far better. It’s also worth pointing out that even the physical act of shelling these nuts can help with stress as well. Giving your hands something to do will help you relax, and you get a tasty treat at the end, too. Bonus!
8. Cacao beans and powder stress relief: Another rich source of tryptophan is cacao. Eating this chocolatey treat will release two feel good hormones called serotonin and dopamine and will provide you with B vitamins, calcium, iron and potassium, too.
Raw forms of cacao are better as they contain seven times more antioxidants than the heated form of cacao, cocoa powder.
9. Chia seeds: Not only are chia seeds great for reducing stress levels, they also support good cardiovascular health as well. This is because they are rich in omega 3’s, B vitamins, calcium, fibre, iron, magnesium and potassium. Chia seeds can easily be added to cereal or smoothies and are also a fantastic addition when you are baking—you can use them as an egg substitute
10. Sweet potatoes--Sweet potatoes are a great comfort food that boasts calcium, vitamin B6, potassium and magnesium, and great fiber. Although they have a high carbohydrate content and taste sweet, they will not raise your blood sugar as much as white potatoes and may even halt cravings by lowering your glycemic index.
Other stress reducing plant food: Almonds, Oranges, Pumpkin and pumpkin seeds, Quinoa, Oats
Mindful Eating-- Your attitude towards food and the way you eat can also make a difference in how your body handles stress. Mindful eating—paying attention to the smell, taste, temperature, and texture of the food; being aware of your dining experience and surroundings; and recognizing your hunger and level of fullness—can add to your food’s stress-busting benefits. Slowing down, pausing, and remaining calm in the present moment allows you to decrease stress and make more balanced food choices.
Instead of turning to traditional “comfort” foods, which are often high in sugar and contribute to inflammation, soothe your stress and stabilize your energy with real, whole foods. Incorporating these foods into your diet can boost your body’s natural resistance to the harmful effects of stress.
When you adopt healthy stress-management patterns in your life, like focusing on a stress-busting diet, you help your body build resilience. This gives you the innate strength and physiologic balance to build true mind-body health.
Comparing meat eaters, fish eaters and vegetarians:
A recent study showed that people who ate a plant-based diet were less likely to suffer the effects of anxiety. A total of 620 participants – a mix of vegans, vegetarians and omnivores – completed a survey about their mood, and the results were positive for those following a plant-based diet.
Both male and female vegans had lower anxiety scores and stress levels than the non-vegans who were questioned, and the good news doesn’t end there. Researchers found that those who switched to a plant-based diet showed significant improvements in their stress levels in just two weeks. One reason for the dramatic change is thought to be the lowered dietary levels of arachidonic acid.
While omega-3 fatty acids are believed to have a positive effect on mental health, the opposite is true of long-chain omega-6 fatty acids such as arachidonic acid (AA). This long-chain fatty acid is found only in meat and it is often linked with brain inflammation. This, in turn, could lead to mood swings, depression, anxiety and stress. So, as AA is not found in plant foods, vegans are naturally avoiding something that has been proven to affect mood. Good news!
REDUCE STRESS & MAINTAIN HEALTH
Eat foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and other phyto-nutrients
Eat a balanced and varied diet that promotes overall physical and mental wellbeing
Get the right amount of sunlight
TOP 10 MOST INFLAMMATORY FOODS:
2. Common Cooking Oils--Pro-inflammatory Agent: Common vegetable cooking oils used in many homes and restaurants have very high omega-6 fatty acids and dismally low omega-3 fats. A diet consisting of a highly imbalanced omega-6 to omega-3 ratio promotes inflammation and breeds inflammatory diseases like heart disease and cancer.
3. Trans Fats-- Pro-inflammatory Agent: Trans fatty acids are notorious for their double whammy effect: they increase the levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol, while lowering levels of the ‘good’ cholesterol. But that is not all they can do. They have also been found to promote inflammation, obesity and resistance to insulin, laying the ground for degenerative illnesses to take place. [found in deep fried & fast foods]
4. Dairy Products--Pro-inflammatory Agent: As much as 60% of the world’s population cannot digest milk. In fact, researchers think that being able to digest milk beyond infancy is abnormal, rather than the other way round. Milk is also a common allergen that can trigger inflammatory responses, such as stomach distress, constipation, diarrhea, skin rashes, acne, hives and breathing difficulties in susceptible people.
5. Feedlot-Raised Meat--Pro-inflammatory Agent: Commercially produced meats are feed with grains like soy beans and corn, a diet that is high in inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids but low in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats. Due to the small and tight living environment, these animals also gain excess fat and end up with high saturated fats. Worse, to make them grow faster and prevent them from getting sick, they are also injected with hormones and fed with antibiotics. The result is one piece of meat which you and I shouldn’t be eating.
6. Red Meat & Processed Meat-- Pro-inflammatory Agent: Researchers at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine found that red meat contains a molecule that humans don’t naturally produce called Neu5Gc. After ingesting this compound, the body develops anti-Neu5Gc antibodies – an immune response that may trigger chronic inflammatory response. Low-grade, simmering inflammation that won’t go away has been linked to cancer and heart disease.
7. Alcohol—Pro-inflammatory Agent: Regular high consumption of alcohol has been known to cause irritation and inflammation of the esophagus, larynx (voice box) and liver. Over time, the chronic inflammation promotes tumor growth and gives rise to cancer at the sites of repeated irritation.
8. Refined Grains--Pro-inflammatory Agent: A lot of the grains we eat nowadays are refined. They are devoid of fiber and vitamin B compared to unpolished and unrefined grains that still have the bran, germ and the aleurone layer intact. This makes refined grains as good as refined sugars, which are practically empty calories. And like refined sugars, refined grains have a higher glycemic index than unprocessed grains and when they are consistently consumed, can hasten the onset of degenerative diseases like cancer, coronary disease and diabetes.
9. Artificial Food Additives--Pro-inflammatory Agent: Some artificial food additives like aspartame and monosodium glutamate (MSG) reportedly trigger inflammatory responses, especially in people who are already suffering from inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.
10. <Fill in the blank> Allergic Food--Pro-inflammatory Agent: Why is this blank? Because it is meant for you to fill in with the food that you are sensitive to. Many people are sensitive to certain foods but are totally unaware of it. Unlike food allergies whereby symptoms usually come fast and furious, symptoms caused by food intolerance may take a longer time to manifest. Consequently, when symptoms of food intolerance do appear, they are often brushed off as common minor ailments such as tiredness and headaches. But repeated, long-term exposure to food that irritates can cause inflammation and lead to chronic disease.
Healthy Alkaline Blood
Here a natural practitioner, Dr. Axe, explains :
Another article and chart:
| A surprising number and variety of physical problems and diseases can be caused by the problem of foods that are acid-producing after digestion. Today the vast majority of the populace in industrialized nations suffers from problems caused by the stress of acidosis, because both modern lifestyle and diet promote acidification of the body's internal environment. |
The current typical Western diet is largely composed of acid-forming foods (proteins, cereals, sugars). Alkaline-producing foods such as vegetables are eaten in much smaller quantities. Stimulants like tobacco, coffee, tea, and alcohol are also extremely acidifying. Stress, and physical activity (both insufficient or excessive amounts) also cause acidification.
Many foods are alkaline-producing by nature, but manufactured processed foods are mostly acid-producing. It is important to consume at least 60% alkaline-producing foods in our diet, in order to maintain health. We need plenty of fresh fruits and particularly vegetables (alkaline-producing) to balance our necessary protein intake (acid-producing). And we need to avoid processed, sugary or simple-carbohydrate foods, not only because they are acid-producing but also because they raise blood sugar level too quickly (high glycemic index therefore fattening); plus they tend to be nutrient-lacking and may be toxic too.
What is the body's pH?
Human blood pH should be slightly alkaline (7.35 - 7.45). Below or above this range means symptoms and disease. If blood pH moves below 6.8 or above 7.8, cells stop functioning and the body dies. The body therefore continually strives to balance pH. When this balance is compromised many problems can occur.
An imbalanced diet high in acidic-producing foods such as animal protein, sugar, caffeine, and processed foods puts pressure on the body's regulating systems to maintain pH neutrality. The extra buffering required can deplete the body of alkaline minerals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium, making the person prone to chronic and degenerative disease. Minerals are borrowed from vital organs and bones to buffer (neutralize) the acid and safely remove it from the body. Because of this strain, the body can suffer severe and prolonged damage--a condition that may go undetected for years.
means acidic - means alkaline
• Milk and Dairy Products: +1.0-+23.6
• Meat and Meat Products: +9.5
• Fish: +7.9
• Grain Products: +3.5-+7.0
• Vegetables: -2.8
• Fruits and Fruit Juices: -3.1
The following website contains a great chart of alkaline and acid forming foods: